Have you visited the dentist recently?
If you haven’t, we suggest you schedule a preventive care exam as soon as possible. Preventive dental care can be practiced in a dental office and at home. Part of preventive dental care is performed by a trusted dentist, and the other part requires patients to follow an excellent oral hygiene routine at home. Practicing preventive dental care helps keep your teeth protected, healthy, and functional.
Practicing Preventive Care in Office
Our goal at Capital Cosmetic Dentistry in Chevy Chase is to help patients achieve a healthier, brighter smile. General dentist Dr. Christopher Banks offers patient-focused, advanced dental care. Dr. Banks suggests that patients visit the dentist twice a year for preventive dental care. During your preventive care visits, Dr. Bank can screen the teeth for complex dental problems and create a treatment plan based on your needs.
Dr. Banks will perform a comprehensive evaluation that includes:
- Examination of teeth, screening for tooth decay and fractures
- Charting of teeth and existing restorations
- Periodontal screening for signs of gum disease
- Oral cancer screening
- Digital dental x-rays as needed
- Digital bite analysis
- Examination of TMJ and jaw position
- 2-D and 3-D models for analysis and treatment planning
Practicing Preventive Care at Home
Practicing preventive dental care at home requires patients to follow a healthy oral hygiene routine. Practice preventive care at home can lower your risk of developing complex dental problems like cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day
- Brush your teeth twice daily for at least two minutes
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash
Schedule An Appointment
If you are due for a preventive care exam or you have any questions about your oral health, contact Capital Cosmetic Dentistry in Chevy Chase, MD.