Capital Cosmetic Dentistry is a new dental office in Chevy Chase, Maryland, specializing in comprehensive cosmetic dentistry. Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular treatments offered by Dr. Christopher Banks to help you transform your smile.
Dr. Banks also offers several alternatives to porcelain veneers including tooth bonding, ceramic crowns and teeth whitening, which can also help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. Contact our office for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Call 202.769.0324 or request an appointment online.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right For You?
If you’re thinking about porcelain veneers, the first step is a consultation. We have a beautiful, boutique-style office where you’ll receive ample time with Dr. Banks to discuss your goals and treatment options.
While porcelain veneers may be the best choice, there are other options. If you’re not ready for veneers, Dr. Banks may recommend tooth bonding, an economical alternative to porcelain veneers suitable for temporary restorations and minor cosmetic concerns. Porcelain veneers can be placed later for a more permanent solution.
A dental crown may be the best choice if your tooth needs more coverage or strength. Whatever your needs, we can take care of them. Visit us for a consultation.
Dental Veneers may be used to:
- Close spaces between teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Cover stained or discolored teeth
About the Porcelain Veneers Procedure
Generally, two to three visits are needed to complete the porcelain veneer procedure:
- Comprehensive Evaluation: A comprehensive evaluation is the first step in the process of creating porcelain veneers. This will include a physical examination of the teeth, gums, jaw joints, and other support structures of the mouth. Dr. Banks will assess your oral health and ensure that the teeth will provide a stable foundation for the restorations.
- Treatment Planning: Next, Dr. Banks will design a treatment plan for your smile makeover. He may use digital photography or 3-D models to show you what the results of your treatment will look like.
- Design & Fabrication: Dr. Banks will prepare your teeth and take impressions that will be sent to a dental laboratory where your porcelain veneers will be skillfully crafted.
- Final Restoration: On the final visit, Dr. Banks will place the porcelain veneers on your teeth and check the fit and color. Any minor adjustments are made and then the veneers are permanently cemented to the teeth.
- After Care: Porcelain veneers do require some special care. Dr. Banks will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are important to ensure long term health and proper fit. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and will look bright for years to come.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
A little change in your smile can make a big change in your appearance. Contact our office to find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Call 202.769.0324 or request an appointment online.