Cosmetic dentistry is more than straightening or whitening teeth. Cosmetic and restorative treatments can repair damaged teeth, align crooked teeth, or even reshape and restore teeth. Most importantly, cosmetic dentistry restores dental health and improves the function appearance of a patient’s smile.
Dr. Christopher Banks is a Chevy Chase, MD cosmetic dentist who helps patients achieve healthy, functional, and beautiful smiles. Learn about some of the most popular cosmetic and restorative treatments we offer.
Popular Cosmetic Treatment Options
Some of our most popular cosmetic dental treatments include:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth; this is a surgical procedure that replaces tooth roots with a metal screw-like post.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the most popular and most commonly recommended cosmetic treatment. Discoloration or stains due to normal eating and drinking habits can ruin the enamel on your teeth and leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth using a bonded adhesive. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening, porcelain veneers are another alternative.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve more than one cosmetic procedure. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right For Me?
Dr. Banks understands the anxiety that many patients face when choosing to make over their smile or fix a cosmetic concern. He will discuss the cost of treatment and work with you to ensure you receive the dentistry you need within a budget you are comfortable with.
Having a smile that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing can be an important part of a good quality of life and a boost to self confidence.
Schedule a Consultation
A little change in your smile can make a big change in your appearance. We offer cosmetic dental treatment that are quick, painless, and affordable. Call 202.769.0324 or request an appointment online to learn more about restoring your smile.