Dental fear is a debilitating phobia that can compromise your oral health and your overall health. Receiving dental care is an important part of maintaining a healthy smile. When patients opt out of visiting the dentist, they are at a higher risk of developing tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
Dr. Christopher Banks is a highly trained dentist in Washington, DC. Dr. Banks believes that preventive dental care and patient education are two of the most important aspects of improving your oral health. Dr. Banks takes the time to explain all aspects of your treatment to ensure you are comfortable and well-informed throughout your visit to our Washington, DC dental office. We offer compassionate, patient-focused dental care to all of our patients. We consider our dental office a judgment-free zone, so patients with dental fear can feel comfortable with our dental team.
Relaxation Tips For The Dentist Office
- Listen to music or an audiobook. Keeping yourself distracted during your visit can help you remain comfortable throughout your procedure.
- Bring a friend. If there is someone who helps keep you relaxed, bring them to your visit to keep you company.
- Try some deep breathing techniques before your appointment. Practice deep breathing techniques and discover which one works best for you.
- Tell your dentist about your dental fear. Telling your dentist about your dental fear allows your dentist to make adjustments to help you feel more comfortable and relaxed during your visit. Your dentist is also able to tailor your treatment plan to fit your need.
- Ask about sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is ideal for patients who are receiving multiple treatments during one visit, patients with a strong gag reflex, patients with difficulty staying numb, and patients with dental fear.
Schedule An Appointment
We offer compassionate dental care for patients dealing with dental fear and anxiety. We encourage you to visit our dental office for the care you need. Dr. Banks and our dental care team are here to help you achieve a healthier smile. To schedule an appointment, call 202.769.0324 or request an appointment online.